Farm Hero Saga supports iOS version 4.3.5 or later on the following models:
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 and later
- iPad 2 and later, and iPad Mini
- iPod Touch 3rd generation and later
Farm Hero Saga does not support jailbroken iOS devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch)
Farm Hero Saga runs on Android devices which fulfill the following criteria:
- Own a processor built on ARMv7 architecture
- Support OpenGL ES 2.0
- Support a 320x480 resolution or higher
- Run on Android OS 2.2 or higher
Farm Hero Saga is not available for my mobile device. Why?
We want to ensure you have the best playing experience, so unfortunately this game is not available for all mobile devices. However you can still get in on the fun by playing the game on Facebook. Click here to play now!
The game keeps freezing - what should I do?
For mobile: Memory issues on your device can cause a game freeze/crash. The best way to fix these issues is to restart your device, which clears the memory (this will not cause any loss of data). If this doesn’t help, please get in touch with our support team using the ‘contact us’ link below.
For Facebook: You may need to check that your Adobe Flash Player is up to date. Please click here to download the latest version to your computer. If this doesn’t solve the problem, please contact our support team using the ‘contact us’ link below.
The game is not loading in Facebook - what shall I do?
If the game isn’t loading, please shut down all other running programs, as these can affect the game’s performance. If the issue persists, you may need to check that your Adobe Flash Player is up to date. Please click here to download the latest version to your computer. If you are still experiencing issues, please get in touch with our support team using the contact us link below.
I purchased an item in-game from the shop on my mobile device, but I haven’t received it. Why not?
Mobile devices sometimes experience a weak internet connection. When you make a purchase, the app store you are using needs to send a message back to the game to confirm that your payment has been successful. If you lose internet connection when this message is sent, your purchase may not be processed.
For iOS: If you make a purchase but do not receive the item, please check if you have received a receipt from the App Store, sent to you via email. If the item you purchased is on the receipt but you can’t locate the download, please contact Apple using the ‘Report a problem’ link in the email.
For Android: Firstly, please ensure the ‘Don't keep activities’ option is unchecked in the ‘Advanced settings’ on your device.
If you make a purchase but do not receive the item, please check if you have received a receipt from Google Play, sent to you via email. If the item you purchased is on the receipt but you can’t locate the download, please contact Google Play using the ‘Report a problem’ link in the email.
I have purchased an item in the game on Facebook, but I haven’t received it. Why not?
It's possible that you've successfully made a payment for an item, but you can’t yet see it in the game. Please note that during particularly busy periods, it can take up to 4 hours for purchased items to appear in your account.
If you think there might be an issue with an item you’ve purchased, please follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Payments’ tab in your ‘Account settings’
- Check your account balance at the top of the page
- Verify that your payment was successful by reviewing the associated receipt
- Double-check that the item(s) you ordered have not arrived (remember that it can take up to 4 hours for virtual item purchases to be reflected in the game)
- If you have confirmed that your item has not been delivered, please notify King by clicking the ‘Didn't receive this item’ link in the email receipt
- Follow the instructions to notify Facebook regarding your problem receiving virtual items
If I try to reinstall the game, will I lose my progress?
If you have played the game whilst connected to Facebook, your progress will be stored on your Facebook account and will not be lost. However, if you’ve played the game offline (not connected to Facebook), your progress will only be saved locally (on the device) and will therefore be lost when the application is deleted or the phone restored to factory settings.
I have connected to Facebook on my mobile device, but I’m not getting any Facebook messages or help from friends on my device. Why?
You may need to reconnect to Facebook to receive your messages. You can do this in the game’s main menu by tapping the ‘Facebook Connect’ icon, or by tapping the settings button and disconnecting from Facebook. Once you’ve done this, try connecting again.
I have connected to Facebook, but my progress from Facebook isn’t showing up on my mobile. Why?
If you have a good internet connection, but your mobile isn’t synchronizing with your Facebook account, please follow these steps to reset the app:
- Tap out of the game (by pushing the device home button)
- Shut down the app by double clicking on the device home button (pressing it twice, quickly)
- Swipe left to scroll through the multitasking bar that appears
- Once you’ve found Farm Hero Saga, swipe upwards over the app screenshot to shut down the game
- Press the home button to return to the menu – you can then reopen the game
Please note: These instructions are based on iOS 7. Please check your user manual for instructions on how to shut down an application on your particular device.
- Tap out of the game
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Then select ‘Application Manager’
- Look for Farm Hero Saga in the applications list and tap on it
- Then tap on ‘Force Quit/Shutdown’ to close the application
- Return to the main menu and reopen the game
Please note: These instructions are based on the Samsung Galaxy – other Android devices may vary. Please check your user manual for instructions on how to shut down an application on your particular handset.
My friends have sent me extra lives, but the game says I only have five lives. Why is this, when I’m sure I should have more?
You can only ever have five lives at a time, so if you have a full set of lives and a friend sends you an additional one, you will still only have the maximum five lives.
How does the game vary on mobile and Facebook?
As the mobile game was released later than the Facebook game, you may sometimes notice fewer levels or slight differences in gameplay. We regularly update the game across all platforms, and our team is working hard to deliver more levels on mobile.
Do I need a Facebook account to play Farm Hero Saga?
No. You can play the full game without ever connecting to Facebook. In fact, you can even play Farm Hero Saga without an internet connection. There are, however, certain advantages of connecting to Facebook, such as:
- Synchronized progress: You’ll be able to synchronize your progress from Facebook to your mobile and vice versa. If you play while connected with Facebook, your progress will be stored on your Facebook account and will not be lost.
- Synchronized friends: The more the merrier! On Facebook you can keep up to date with your friends’ progress (score and level) and compete against them to make sure you’re top of the score list. Friends can also give you more lives and help you to unlock new episodes.
Please note: Boosters and lives are not synchronized between mobile and Facebook. For example, if you buy a booster on mobile, you won’t see it when you access the game on Facebook.
If I connect to Facebook, will you post things to my Facebook wall or spam my friends?
We’ll never send any requests to your friends that you did not actively send from the game, and we won’t post anything to your Facebook wall without permission. However, when you Facebook Connect with Farm Hero Saga you are automatically part of Facebook Open Graph. This ‘social graph’ generates events/actions when you perform certain tasks in the game that can be visible on your timeline profile and, in some cases, show up in your Newsfeed. You do have the option to hide these posts.
If I log out of my Facebook account and someone else logs in on my computer or device, will I lose all my game history?
No. The game supports multiple logins with different Facebook accounts. If you log in with another Facebook account, then the game history associated with that account becomes available.
When are you releasing more levels?
We’re always adding new levels to the game, so keep an eye on our Facebook fan page for news and updates!
How do I switch off the music and sound effects in the game?
If you’re playing the game on Facebook, you can click on the music and speaker symbols in the top left hand corner of the game screen to silence the game.
If you’re playing the game on a mobile device, just tap the menu icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen to bring up some options. You can then tap on the music note and speaker symbols to silence the game. .
I’ve been stuck on the same level for ages. What can I do?
Some levels are more challenging than others and can take a few days or even weeks to complete. Don’t give up – this is part of the fun! Keep an eye on our Facebook fan page for tips on how to progress through the game.
It is essential that you protect your purchase account login information to prevent unauthorized charges on your account. If you are concerned about Mobile In-App purchases, please note that you can create a password to control access to your device.
In-App Purchases for iOS and Android
If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device please click here for instructions on how to secure your device.
Become a Farm Hero today by matching Cropsies to complete the level objectives before you run out of moves. Cropsies are the vegetables, fruit, sunshine and water you can see in the game. You will see the objectives at the top of the screen, and will always have a limited amount of moves in each level.
Once you’ve collected all the Cropsies, you will enter ‘Hero Mode’, during which you can use your remaining moves to improve your growth rate. Depending on your growth rate, you can earn up to three stars on a level. When you complete a level for the first time, or whenever you improve your star score for a level, you will receive some Magic Beans, which you can use in your fight against the evil Rancid the Raccoon.
How to complete the objectives:
- If your objective is to collect a certain type of Cropsie, you can do so by matching three or more Cropsies of the same type on the board
- Later in the game you will come across new types of collection targets that require different approaches, such as making a match next to a Cropsie that needs collecting. You will learn more about these as you progress through the game.
- In Rancid Levels there is no specific number of Cropsies to collect. Matching any of the indicated Cropsies will therefore help you to defeat Rancid the Raccoon.
- In Collection Levels you’ll be rewarded with a unique collection animal based on your growth rate. There are plenty of fantastic Farm Club rewards available when you collect a complete set of animals across different episodes.
How do I gain points?
You receive points every time you switch Cropsies to create a match of three or more in a row. Try to achieve as many points as possible to win the game with one, two, or three stars.
How do I collect a flower?
Match next to a flower to make it bloom. When the flower is fully grown it will be collected. The Magic Shovel booster can also be used to grow a flower.
How do I collect a chick?
You need to match three eggs to produce one cracked egg, and then match three cracked eggs to collect one chick. The Shovel and Egg Cracker boosters can also be used to crack eggs.
How can I break ice?
When you match with the Cropsie inside the ice, the ice will disappear. The Magic Shovel booster can also be used to break ice.
What does grass do?
Any collectable Cropsie that lands on grass will earn you bonus points. Any Grumpy Cropsie that lands on grass will return to normal.
What are the buckets for?
In some levels you need to match water Cropsies, but no water Cropsies appear on the board. You can use buckets to add them to the board. When you match next to a bucket, the water level inside it will go up. If you match enough times the water will reach the top, then jump out onto the board. You can then match the water Cropsies as normal to collect them.
What are Grumpy Cropsies?
Grumpy Cropsies are the dirty and angry-looking ones. If you make a match that includes a Grumpy Cropsie, the whole match will turn grumpy and you’ll lose the Cropsies. So be careful! Depending on the level you might be able to return the Grumpies to normal with grass or seeds. The Clean-Up booster will also do the trick.
How do I make an alligator?
The alligator is made in a similar way to the chick. You need to match three nested alligator eggs to produce one alligator egg, match three alligator eggs to create a cracked alligator egg, and match three cracked eggs to create an unhatched egg. Finally, match three unhatched alligator eggs to collect one alligator. The Magic Shovel and Egg Cracker boosters can also be used to crack eggs.
How do I stop the rabbit from stealing my carrots?
Make a match next to the rabbit when it shows up to temporarily knock it out
What does purple slime do?
Any Cropsie that lands on slime will turn grumpy
What can I do with a seed?
Seeds can be swapped with water to create grass
What does the chicken do?
If you make a match next to it, the chicken will lay an egg and jump to a new spot. If you’re lucky, the chicken might lay a cracked egg, giving you a head start on creating a chick. You can also use the Magic Shovel booster on the chicken to make it move. Give it a try next time!
What do bombs do and how can I get rid of them?
Every time you make a move, the counter on a bomb will count down. When the counter reaches zero, the bomb blows up and you lose a few of your collected Cropsies. Match bombs with Cropsies of the same color to get rid of them.
How do I collect the spider?
You have to match next to a spider to make it move. You’ll usually have to break some spider webs first, which you can do by matching with the Cropsie in the web. When you can finally match next to the spider, it will try to jump to a new nesting spot (this will look like a dense white web). If there are no other nesting spots on the board, the spider will be collected. You can use a Shovel or Tractor booster to help you clear spider webs.
What do the Magic Beans do?
Magic Beans will help in your fight against the evil Rancid the Raccoon, so earn as many as you can. The number of Magic Beans received at each level depends on how many stars you achieve.
How do I fight Rancid the Racoon?
Match and collect all required Cropsies until the energy bar reaches 0%. Use Magic Beans for extra force!
What does the Snow Patch do?
Any Cropsie that lands on a Snow Patch will turn into a snowball. Match next to a snowball to break it and free the Cropsie within.
How do I set off a Firecracker?
To set off a Firecracker, make a match next to it to light the fuse. Firecrackers can be used to reach areas that are otherwise hard to get to. Set one off to see for yourself!
What does the Frog do?
If you make a match next to a Frog, it will jump to a spot where it can eat nearby Cropsies of its own color. The frog will always devour as many Cropsies as it can, so watch out!
How many lives do you get in Farm Hero Saga?
You begin the game with five lives. If you don’t pass a level, you will lose a life, with one life being refilled for free every 30 minutes. If you don’t like waiting, you can get a full set of lives refilled in exchange for some Gold Bars, or ask your friends to send you extra lives.
My friends have sent me lives but the game says I only have five lives. Why is this when I’m sure I should have more?
You can only ever have five lives at a time, so if you have a full set of lives and a friend sends you an additional one, you will still only have the maximum five lives.
What do I have to do in Collection Levels?
There are three animals to collect in each Collection Level, each tied to the three stars you can achieve. The better you do in the level, the more animals you'll unlock.
Every animal you unlock goes to your Farm Club, which you can access from the map. Unlock all the animals in a set to claim free rewards like boosters and Magic Beans!
When are you releasing new levels?
We’re always adding new levels to the game, so keep an eye on our Facebook fan page for news and updates.
What are boosters?
Boosters can make the difference between winning and failing a level! Some boosters recharge over time and can be reused once fully restored. You can also buy new packs of boosters if you need them sooner.
The following boosters are available in Farm Hero Saga:
- Magic Shovel: Allows you to remove or otherwise interact with a single object on the game board. If it’s a required Cropsie, it’s added to the appropriate collection total. If it’s a flower, it will grow one stage. And if you use it on ice, the ice will break. There are many more examples! New objects are added as the game progresses, so just give it a try and see what happens.
- Bonus Reward: Every required Cropsie on the board gets a +1 bonus
- Tractor: Interacts with all items in a horizontal row. Any Cropsies you require are then collected. Again, you will discover different uses for the Tractor as the game progresses.
- Color Collector: All Cropsies of a single type are collected
- Egg Cracker: Interacts with all uncracked eggs. Regular eggs will turn into cracked eggs, and nested alligator eggs will become regular alligator eggs.
- Clean-Up: Turns all Grumpy Cropsies into normal Cropsies.
- Super Fruit: Swap to clear a 3x3 area from the board. Any adjacent required Cropsies will receive a +2 bonus.
- Turbo Tractor: Swap horizontally or vertically with any Cropsie. This booster works like the normal Tractor but on three rows or columns.
- Amelia's Airdrop: Call for reinforcements! Swap with any Cropsie and Amelia will drop six more Cropsies of that type onto the board.
What are Gold Bars used for in Farm Hero Saga?
Gold Bars can be purchased with real money and are useful for everything, from adding extra lives to obtaining boosters to unlocking new episodes. However, you do not have to purchase Gold Bars to progress through the game.
What are Magic Beans used for in Farm Hero Saga?
Use Magic Beans to overcome the evil Rancid the Raccoon in the Rancid Levels. In exchange for Magic Beans, any matched Cropsies will get a damage bonus to help you deplete Rancid’s health bar faster. You can also use Magic Beans to buy Shovel boosters.
How do I get more Magic Beans?
There are three ways of getting Magic Beans:
- You’ll be rewarded with free Magic Beans when you complete a level
- If you have the maximum five lives, any lives sent to you by your friends will automatically be converted into Magic Beans
- You can also purchase Magic Beans from the Farm Heroes Saga shop
Is it possible to complete the game without buying boosters?
Yes. In fact it's not only possible, but very common. Most people who complete all the levels in the game have not bought anything at all.